welcome

Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Software and Hardware

 SOFTWARE

  This is quite interesting topic because I had known some about hardware. I had learned the role of computer software.I also had learnt about basic computer hardware. I could understand what computer hardware is, and then I learnt about Computer Software with most basically known as an intangible part of a computer. It is also called as a program with collections of related data in a computer. It tells what a computer supposed to carry out and how to do it.


        There are some categories of software that is known as: System software that controls and maintains the operations of the computer and its devices, Application software makes users more productive and assists them with their tasks and Programming Language enables people (called programmers) to communicate instructions to a computer. 


These are the types of Computer Software

HARDWARE

               I had learnt about hardware and it was interesting topic for me because I like to learnt about hardware which is component of computer. Firstly it's taught about introduction about computer. Computer is quite popular nowadays and most people are known what is computer. Almost people are used it.  
          
          However, it was a great time for me that I could learn something that really useful in my life. She gave us a huge of knowledge that he has regarding Computer. Furthermore, I learnt what I had learnt in IT class before, so that it was just a re-frees for me to know more about computers.



           As the above picture shows that Computer is a programmable machine that carries out what it has been instructed. We recognize a Computer by looking at physical features as well as behaviours. In a Computer, there are some operation systems that always it does, such as Input, Processing, Output, Storage, and the other is Communication, and this operation is called as Information Processing Cycle. In Addition about Computer Operation, here are some definitions of Information Processing Cycle:
    Ø  A computer converts DATA (from Input) to become INFORMATION ( as Output).
    Ø  Processing requires a set of instruction, known as PROGRAM or SOFTWARE.
    Ø  A computer holds data, instructions and information in storage for future use.


       In second week, we also learnt about the same topic. In this week I have learned computer hardware basics.Learning something new in Computer and Internet is very memorable for me who like using and interacting with computer. I want to share with you about what I have been learning in Computer and Internet lecture, especially in week 2.

      First of all, I want to share some information regarding the history of computers. Even though, knowing computer history is not really important for us, but a history has created an invention. Many insventors contributed to the history of computer and that a computer is complex piece of mechinenery made up of many parts, each of which can be considered a separete invention. Nevertheless, there are five generations of computer as we can see now below:-

    Ø  First Generation (1940-1950) :: Vacuum Tube
    Ø  Second Generation (1950-1964) :: Transistors
    Ø  Third Generation Computers (1960s – 1971s) Integrated Circuit (IC)
    Ø  Fourth Generation Computers (1971s – Present) VLSI / ULSI
    Ø  Fifth Generation Computers (Now and Future)
      

No comments:

Post a Comment